Dual classic winner Meisho Mambo handled her first test against older fillies and mares handily and scored her third group I win of the year in the Queen Elizabeth II Cup Nov. 10 in the rain at Kyoto.
Meisho Mambo wore down tiring front-runner Sekisho with a ground-gobbling outside rally and captured the Shuka Sho (Jpn-I), the final jewel in Japan's Triple Crown for fillies, Oct. 13 at Kyoto.
Coming in off a dismal effort in the Oka Sho (Jpn-I, Japanese One Thousand Guineas) last month, lightly regarded Meisho Mambo emphatically rebounded to win the Yushun Himba (Jpn-I, Japanese Oaks) May 19 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Paulassilverlining Set for Garland of Roses