Nearly 100,000 people gathered at Sha Tin and Happy Valley racecourses in Hong Kong Feb. 2 to celebrate the Year of the Horse during the traditional Chinese New Year race day.
Akeed Mofeed, the Hong Kong Derby winner in the spring, worked through a tight spot at mid-stretch to win the Longines Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) from Tokei Halo Dec. 8 at Sha Tin, while American hopeful Little Mike finished ninth.
Local rivalry and international challenge spice up the April 28 Audemars Piguet QE II Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin in Hong Kong.
Camelot kept his perfect record intact and notched his third classic of the season when he powered to a two-length victory in the $1,614,500 Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby (Ire-I) at the Curragh June 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014