Team Valor International has acquired a 50% interest in Poland-based Va Bank, a 4-year-old son of Archipenko, who is unbeaten in 12 career starts after winning the Preis der Sparkassen Finanzgruppe (Ger-III) Aug. 27 at Baden-Baden in Germany.
Irish sales company Goffs concluded at successful week of auctions on Nov. 24 in County Kildare, Ireland, with its two-day breeding stock sale posting considerable gains in key economic indicators.
Steeler scored a clear win Sept. 29 in the Juddmonte Royal Lodge Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket, becoming the first graded or group winner for Darley's freshman sire Raven's Pass.
London-based agent Charlie Gordon-Watson enjoyed a busy final day of the Goffs Million yearling sale in Ireland Oct. 3, spending 600,000 euros ($845,292) on an Indian Ridge half-brother to Goodwood Cup (gr. II) winner Allegretto.
Kentucky-bred Bachelor Duke became the first maiden to win the Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) in more than 30 years Saturday at The Curragh, rallying strongly under pressure from jockey Seb Sanders to collar favored Azamour in the final 100 yards.
Following the two-day Orby sale, there was a lively trade at the one-day Goffs Challenge Sale at Kill, Co Kildare, Ireland, Thursday with a 180,000 euros ($178,173) daughter of French stallion Highest Honor heading the way.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset