Moonwalk in Paris gamely charged through a gap and up the rail for a convincing two-length win in the $200,000 Firebreak Stakes Presented by Range Rover (UAE-III) Feb. 14 at Meydan.
Lovely Pass took over from the pacesetter in the stretch and held back a strong challenge from runner-up Shuruq to win the $250,000 United Arab Emirates One Thousand Guineas Sponsored by Gulf News Feb. 7 at Meydan.
Capponi outclassed his 13 rivals to cruise home an easy winner of the Al Maktoum Challenge-Round 3 Sponsored by Emirates (UAE-I) at Meydan Racecourse March 10.
Dismissed at odds of 14-1, Rileyskeepingfaith stormed down the center of the course to spring a major upset in the $250,000 Zabeel Mile Sponsored by Dubai Duty Free (UAE-IIT) on March 10.
Biondetti remained undefeated when he held off the late charge of Singapore Lilly to capture the Gran Criterium (It-I) by a half-length at San Siro Oct. 9.
Jockey Ahmed Ajtebi, jockey of Vale of York, decided to stay in the United States after his victory in the 2009 Breeders' Cup Juvenile.
Longshot Vale of York, a son of Invincible Spirit owned by Godolphin Racing, grabbed the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) right at the wire. The Irish-bred out-gunned favorite Lookin At Lucky.
Irish-bred Eastern Anthem came from the back of the pack and stuck a nose in front at the wire to take the $5 million Dubai Sheema Classic (UAE-I) at 18-1 in a thrilling, three-way photo finish March 28 at Nad Al Sheba.
Unheralded Gladiatorus humbled a field that included 10 grade or group I winners when he sped to a front-running victory with local jockey Ahmed Ajtebi in the $5 million Dubai Duty Free (UAE-I) over the Nad al Sheba grass course March 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner