The New York Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association has launched a retirement program for Thoroughbreds stabled at New York Racing Association tracks.
Mike Ziegler, executive director of the NTRA Safety and Integrity Alliance, has been named to the same post for the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association Safety and Integrity Alliance is having an impact on the racing industry despite some misconceptions and will not be derailed, NTRA president Alex Waldrop said.
- By Tom LaMarra
An expanded code of standards for the National Thoroughbred Racing Association Safety and Integrity Alliance should be ready for review and a vote by the NTRA board of directors in March 2010.
Most Popular Stories
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Frac Daddy Powers Home in Ben Ali
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington
- La Verdad Shows Her Heels in Distaff Handicap
- Grand Tito Takes Off-the-Turf Miami Mile
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- It's a Dundeel Wins at Aussie Championships
- Rosalind Works Toward Kentucky Oaks