The Jockey Club Thoroughbred Incentive Program has announced the winners and those who placed during its 2015 Performance Awards program.
The application period for horse shows to apply for Thoroughbred Incentive Program awards in 2016 is open and runs through Sept. 30.
The New York State Gaming Commission announced a major new transparency initiative at its May 26 meeting. It has begun posting weekly reports from the New York Racing Association tracks, and will expand it to others.
Thoroughbred Charities of America has announced the recipients of its Award of Merit honored at breeders association awards ceremonies in April.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance has awarded accreditation to 19 equine aftercare organizations, bringing the total number of accredited organizations to 42, with more than 120 facilities throughout North America.
The New York Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association has launched a retirement program for Thoroughbreds stabled at New York Racing Association tracks.
Mike Ziegler, executive director of the NTRA Safety and Integrity Alliance, has been named to the same post for the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association Safety and Integrity Alliance is having an impact on the racing industry despite some misconceptions and will not be derailed, NTRA president Alex Waldrop said.
- By Tom LaMarra
An expanded code of standards for the National Thoroughbred Racing Association Safety and Integrity Alliance should be ready for review and a vote by the NTRA board of directors in March 2010.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap