A half brother to multiple grade I winner Contested was sold for $1,050,000 during the Sept. 10 Keeneland September yearling sale. He is the third horse to bring a bid of seven figures during the opening session.
Cease closed ground in the final stages of the $150,000 Maxxam Gold Cup and took command to earn his first black-type victory on the night of March 3 at Sam Houston Race Park.
The same connections that won the 2010 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) with Blame are sending Cease into the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II).
Claiborne Farm and Adele B. Dilschneider and trainer Al Stall Jr. are once again headed to the Super Derby (gr. II) after their 3-year-old gelding Trubs re-rallied to win the Super Derby Prelude Aug. 6 at Louisiana Downs.
Adele B. Dilschneider and Claiborne Farm's Blame kicked off Breeders' Cup week at Churchill Downs with a half-mile breeze in :49 4/5 the morning of Nov. 1.
Terrain got the best of a messy stretch run in the $200,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) when he was elevated from a third-place finish to victory following a rare double disqualification at Arlington Park Sept. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- New York OKs Full Casino for Tioga Downs
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp