Multiple graded stakes winner Al Khali has been retired and will stand the 2016 breeding season at Keane Stud near Amenia, N.Y., for an advertised fee of $2,500.
Zayat Stables' El Kabeir came out of his convincing win in the Gotham Stakes (gr. III) in fine fettle and will be aimed for the $1 million Twinspires.com Wood Memorial (gr. I) April 4 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Multiple grade I winner Ron the Greek, who blew away the field by 6 3/4 lengths in the Jockey Club Gold Cup Invitational Stakes (gr. I) in his most recent start, has been sold to an undisclosed buyer overseas.
Amira's Prince remained a perfect three-for-three in the U.S. Feb. 16, collecting his first graded-stakes win in the $150,000 Mac Diarmida (gr. IIT) at Gulfstream Park.
Ron the Greek turned it on in a big way in the $400,000 Florida Sunshine Millions Classic at Gulfstream Park Jan. 19, overpowering his state-bred foes by 11 1/4 lengths on an off track.
Ed Wachtel was a successful New York owner/breeder whose runners included New York-bred Horse of the Year Claramount.
Multiple grade I winner Ron the Greek registered his first published work since a runner-up finish in the Aug. 24 Whitney Invitational, breezing four furlongs in :49.95 on the Oklahoma Training Track Aug. 31.
Grade I winners Ron the Greek and Flat Out are on target for the Aug. 4 race.
Summer start will keep 5-year-old son of Full Mandate on track for Jockey Club Gold Cup, Breeders' Cup Classic plans.
Trainer Bill Mott's team swooped into Southern California with Ron the Greek to snare the $750,000 Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) in convincing style March 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91