Lemon Drop Dream and Action Andy are co-highweights at 115 pounds for the Maryland Sprint Handicap, with Lemon Drop Dream entering the race off a victory in the Count Fleet Sprint H. (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
King T. Leatherbury's homebred gelding Ben's Cat was named 2012 Maryland-bred Horse of the Year in the annual poll conducted by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association.
Stud El Aguila's Indiano turned the tables on Action Andy with a strong outside rally to take the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Dec. 29.
Robert Gerczak's Action Andy and Stud El Aguila's Indiano are headed for a rematch in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Stakes (gr. III) Dec. 29 at Gulfstream Park.
Action Andy closed relentlessly on the outside to get up in the final strides by a whisker over a game Il Villano in a terrific finish to win the $350,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash at Laurel Park Oct. 27.
Grade I winner Sean Avery, who split the field in the Vosburgh Invitational (gr. I) as the favorite last month, is the 5-2 morning line choice for the $350,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash at Laurel Park Oct. 27.
Hamazing Destiny and jockey Corey Nakatani took advantage of a duel between the early leaders before taking the lead at the top of the stretch to win the Maryland Sprint Handicap (gr. III).
Laurel Park's turf monster turns out to be a main track monster, too. Ben's Cat powered away from five foes to win the off-the-turf $67,750 Laurel Dash Stakes by two lengths in the slop Oct. 29.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- Jimmy Creed to Spendthrift Australia
- Kentucky Derby News Update: April 27, 2015
- Itsaknockout Promotes Upcoming Boxing Match
- Haskin: California Horses Make Big Impression