Lemon Drop Dream and Action Andy are co-highweights at 115 pounds for the Maryland Sprint Handicap, with Lemon Drop Dream entering the race off a victory in the Count Fleet Sprint H. (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
King T. Leatherbury's homebred gelding Ben's Cat was named 2012 Maryland-bred Horse of the Year in the annual poll conducted by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association.
Stud El Aguila's Indiano turned the tables on Action Andy with a strong outside rally to take the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Dec. 29.
Robert Gerczak's Action Andy and Stud El Aguila's Indiano are headed for a rematch in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Stakes (gr. III) Dec. 29 at Gulfstream Park.
Action Andy closed relentlessly on the outside to get up in the final strides by a whisker over a game Il Villano in a terrific finish to win the $350,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash at Laurel Park Oct. 27.
Grade I winner Sean Avery, who split the field in the Vosburgh Invitational (gr. I) as the favorite last month, is the 5-2 morning line choice for the $350,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash at Laurel Park Oct. 27.
Hamazing Destiny and jockey Corey Nakatani took advantage of a duel between the early leaders before taking the lead at the top of the stretch to win the Maryland Sprint Handicap (gr. III).
Laurel Park's turf monster turns out to be a main track monster, too. Ben's Cat powered away from five foes to win the off-the-turf $67,750 Laurel Dash Stakes by two lengths in the slop Oct. 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Finest City, Songbird Drill Toward Spring Starts
- Trio Zips On OBS Spring Sale's Final Under Tack Day