The 2007 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner and 2008 runner-up Kip Deville worked out Jan. 9 at Gulfstream Park for his IEAH Stables partners and trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. in preparation for his 2009 seasonal debut in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT) Feb. 1.
Remarkable gelding Tin Cup Chalice earned his first victory outside of New York Oct. 4 at Hoosier Park, as he sprinted to an early lead and held off Pyro and Acai in deep stretch to win the $514,000 Indiana Derby (gr. II) by a length.
While unable to deliver in his last two tries as the favorite, Pyro is sure to once again be the horse to beat when he goes to the post in the $500,000 Indiana Derby (gr. II) at Hoosier Park Oct. 4.
Anak Nakal, rallying from far back for jockey Joe Bravo, got up in the final strides to defeat Acai in the $1 million Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) at Philadelphia Park Sept. 1.
A field of 12 was entered Aug. 20 for the $1-million Travers Presented by Shadwell Farm at Saratoga Aug. 23.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Da' Tara fired a bullet work Aug. 15, and along with Jim Dandy (gr. II) winner Macho Again, head the likely field for the Aug. 23 Travers (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill