The 2007 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner and 2008 runner-up Kip Deville worked out Jan. 9 at Gulfstream Park for his IEAH Stables partners and trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. in preparation for his 2009 seasonal debut in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT) Feb. 1.
Remarkable gelding Tin Cup Chalice earned his first victory outside of New York Oct. 4 at Hoosier Park, as he sprinted to an early lead and held off Pyro and Acai in deep stretch to win the $514,000 Indiana Derby (gr. II) by a length.
While unable to deliver in his last two tries as the favorite, Pyro is sure to once again be the horse to beat when he goes to the post in the $500,000 Indiana Derby (gr. II) at Hoosier Park Oct. 4.
Anak Nakal, rallying from far back for jockey Joe Bravo, got up in the final strides to defeat Acai in the $1 million Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) at Philadelphia Park Sept. 1.
A field of 12 was entered Aug. 20 for the $1-million Travers Presented by Shadwell Farm at Saratoga Aug. 23.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Da' Tara fired a bullet work Aug. 15, and along with Jim Dandy (gr. II) winner Macho Again, head the likely field for the Aug. 23 Travers (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance