Grade I winner The Big Beast has been shut down for the year, owner Alex Lieblong said Sept. 25, because of nagging foot issues and a lack of races at his best distances.
Reddam Racing's FrontRunner Stakes (gr. I) winner Bond Holder has been taken to an Ocala clinic for 24-hour monitoring, trainer Doug O'Neill said March 6.
Fox Hill Farms' Normandy Invasion was examined by a hoof specialist July 12 at Saratoga and will miss the Travers Stakes (gr. I), but could still make the Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II), owner Rick Porter said.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Thewayyouare Relocated to Haras de Corlay