Grade I winner The Big Beast has been shut down for the year, owner Alex Lieblong said Sept. 25, because of nagging foot issues and a lack of races at his best distances.
Reddam Racing's FrontRunner Stakes (gr. I) winner Bond Holder has been taken to an Ocala clinic for 24-hour monitoring, trainer Doug O'Neill said March 6.
Fox Hill Farms' Normandy Invasion was examined by a hoof specialist July 12 at Saratoga and will miss the Travers Stakes (gr. I), but could still make the Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II), owner Rick Porter said.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop