It was a good day for the home team in the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races Dec. 11 as locally based horses won three of the four features.
Simon Burgess talks with trainer John Moore, who has Mighty High in the Vase, Admiration in the Sprint, Irian and Jacobee in the Hong Kong Cup, and Able One, Destined For Glory, and Xtension in the Mile. Watch Video
Viva Pataca became the highest money earner in the history of Hong Kong racing when he scored a stunning win in the Audemars Piguet QEII Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin April 25.
Good Ba Ba produced a devastating surge to win the Dec. 14 Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) at Sha Tin for the second straight year, leaving his jockey Christophe Soumillon to declare that he was the best miler in the world. That's even harder to dispute when it was confirmed the phenomenal winning time of 1:32.71 was a track record.
Eagle Mountain, a leading challenger for the HK$20m Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) on Dec. 14, impressed with a spectacular gallop on the grass at Sha Tin Dec. 9.
Local outsider Able One led from start to finish to virtually steal the Champions Mile (HK-I) at Sha Tin Sunday in a triumph for Hong Kong, with John Moore training the victor and the runner-up, Joyful Winner.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes