Regardless of the amount of money Sheikh Mohammed spends at this year's Fasig-Tipton Saratoga sale of yearlings, both consignors and buyers expect plenty of interest.
Fasig-Tipton has ramped up its race sponsorship at Gulfstream Park as the Lexington sales company and Florida racetrack unveiled the new "Fasig-Tipton Filly Festival" to be run during the 2010 meet.
Construction is under way on a new office building at Fasig-Tipton's Newtown Paddocks property near Lexington. The structure, which will be located in front of the sale pavilion, will have three levels (two above ground and a basement). A walkway will connect the second above ground level of the office building with the second story of the sale pavilion.
Fasig-Tipton will pay the nomination and entry fees for the horses sold at its recent Saratoga select yearling auction that are pointed to any of the six graded stakes for juveniles at Saratoga in 2009. It's just one of what could be many initiatives as the company attempts to reinvent itself.
The purchase of Fasig-Tipton by Dubai-based Synergy Investments was finalized May 30, according to Boyd Browning, Fasig-Tipton's executive vice president and chief operating officer.
The purchase of Fasig-Tipton by Dubai-based Synergy Investments will be finalized May 30, according to Boyd Browning, Fasig-Tipton's executive vice president and chief operating officer.
Synergy Investments Ltd. will take over Fasig-Tipton, which holds auctions in Lexington, as well as New York, Maryland, Florida, and Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Bernardini Rules Fasig-Tipton Final Session
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Forever Unbridled, Tom's Ready Work for BC