As Tapwrit continues to train up to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1) for Todd Pletcher, the back story of how he came to be owned by three major owners together rather than separately is a case study in relationship building.
A group of four high-profile owners banded together April 26 to purchase a well-bred son of Medaglia d'Oro for $850,000 to become the new sale-topper at the Ocala Breeders’ Sales spring 2-year-olds in training sale.
Jockey Javier Castellano was at Churchill Downs Oct. 29 to send Stopshoppingmaria through a sparkling turf breeze in company with Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT) contender Sweet Cat.
Three Degrees, winner of the Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park on June 5, prepared for the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. I) with a six-furlong turf work Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente