HRTV's on-site coverage of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) kicks off Saturday, April 30, with the first day of the spring meet at the Louisville track.
Aaron Vercruysse has been retained by the Thoroughbred Owners of California to assist in the development and execution of initiatives dealing with wagering and purse improvements, the organization announced Nov. 30.
HRTV will offer onsite coverage April 9 and 10 for the Apple Blossom (gr. I), featuring unbeaten champion Zenyatta, and the $1 million Arkansas Derby, a key Kentucky Derby prep race.
California Horse Racing Board Chairman Richard Shapiro and owner J. Paul Reddam are among speakers scheduled for "Ownership 101," a free workshop on racehorse ownership Jan. 21 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes