HRTV's on-site coverage of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) kicks off Saturday, April 30, with the first day of the spring meet at the Louisville track.
Aaron Vercruysse has been retained by the Thoroughbred Owners of California to assist in the development and execution of initiatives dealing with wagering and purse improvements, the organization announced Nov. 30.
HRTV will offer onsite coverage April 9 and 10 for the Apple Blossom (gr. I), featuring unbeaten champion Zenyatta, and the $1 million Arkansas Derby, a key Kentucky Derby prep race.
California Horse Racing Board Chairman Richard Shapiro and owner J. Paul Reddam are among speakers scheduled for "Ownership 101," a free workshop on racehorse ownership Jan. 21 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Oaklawn Park Cancels Feb. 28 Racing
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- Ben's Cat Maryland-Bred HOY for Fourth Year
- NJ Track Calls for End to Simulcast Impasse