Grade I winner and classic-placed Bodemeister was crowned Virginia-bred Horse of the Year and 2012 champion Virginia-bred 3-year-old colt when annual awards were presented July 6 at Colonial Downs.
by Ann Peters
One of the surprise stallion developments of 2012 is Spring At Last, who finished second behind Henrythenavigator on the year-end first-crop sire rankings.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Run in Haskell
- Churchill Donates to Charities, University
- Watsdachances Takes Aim at Dance Smartly
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Shaman Ghost Looks for Queen's Plate Magic
- Virginia Aims to Move Graded Stakes to Laurel
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Highlander Features Battle of the Sexes
- Golden Horn Tackles Older Horses at Sandown
- Warriorscmoutoplay Rolls Into Azalea