Heir Kitty, who closed out her 3-year-old season with a clear victory in the La Brea Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park, will make her first start since April in the Great Lady M Stakes July 12 at Los Alamitos Race Course.
Book Review made a three-wide bid in the final strides of the A Gleam (gr. II) at Betfair Hollywood Park to prevail by a decisive 2 1/2 lengths over Teddy's Promise.
Dearest Trickski, claimed for $32,000 a little more than a year ago, continued her amazing run toward the top of the filly and mare sprint division, as she broke to an early lead under Mike Smith and held off Tiz Elemental by a nose to win the $200,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) in scintillating fashion Aug. 24 at Del Mar.
James Weigel's 9-1 outsider Dream of Summer made her initial foray into graded stakes company look as simple as can be, recording a gate-to-wire victory in the $150,000 A Gleam Invitational Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Hollywood Park Saturday.
Coconut Girl, who ended Ema Bovary's nine-race winning streak to capture the Desert Stormer Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park on June 5, hopes to complete a rare sweep when she faces eight foes in the $150,000 A Gleam Invitational Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares Saturday.
While her half-brother, Chester House, was finishing unplaced in Sunday's Sempra Energy Hollywood Gold Cup, Juddmonte Farms' Honest Lady came from off the pace for a 3 1/2-length victory in the $200,000 A Gleam Handicap at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Arlington, Illinois THA Ink Two-Year Contract
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee