A look back at A Gleam winning 1952 Westerner Stakes as well as pedigree information on the daughter of *Blenheim II.
Heir Kitty, who closed out her 3-year-old season with a clear victory in the La Brea Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park, will make her first start since April in the Great Lady M Stakes July 12 at Los Alamitos Race Course.
Book Review made a three-wide bid in the final strides of the A Gleam (gr. II) at Betfair Hollywood Park to prevail by a decisive 2 1/2 lengths over Teddy's Promise.
Dearest Trickski, claimed for $32,000 a little more than a year ago, continued her amazing run toward the top of the filly and mare sprint division, as she broke to an early lead under Mike Smith and held off Tiz Elemental by a nose to win the $200,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) in scintillating fashion Aug. 24 at Del Mar.
James Weigel's 9-1 outsider Dream of Summer made her initial foray into graded stakes company look as simple as can be, recording a gate-to-wire victory in the $150,000 A Gleam Invitational Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Hollywood Park Saturday.
Coconut Girl, who ended Ema Bovary's nine-race winning streak to capture the Desert Stormer Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park on June 5, hopes to complete a rare sweep when she faces eight foes in the $150,000 A Gleam Invitational Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares Saturday.
While her half-brother, Chester House, was finishing unplaced in Sunday's Sempra Energy Hollywood Gold Cup, Juddmonte Farms' Honest Lady came from off the pace for a 3 1/2-length victory in the $200,000 A Gleam Handicap at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year