Trainer A.C. Avila does not plan to appeal his 60-day suspension and $10,000 fine recently handed out by the California Horse Racing Board after one of his runners tested over the permitted level of acepromazine last year.
Shipping in from California for trainer A. C. Avila, Great Hot used a ground-saving trip under Chantal Sutherland and edged Groupie Doll by a head in a thrilling edition of the Lexus Raven Run (gr. II) Oct. 22 at Keeneland.
A two-time group I winner and Horse of the Year in her native Brazil, Celtic Princess finally notched her first stakes win in the United States in her sixth try, handily taking the Royal Heroine Mile (gr. IIT) July 4.
Odds-on Alphie's Bet, who missed a chance to run for the roses when he finished sixth in the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) three weeks ago, made handy work of his rivals in the $200,000 Snow Chief Stakes at Hollywood Park.
Led by her experience, maturity and a well timed ride by jockey Juan Noriega, Haras Vacacion's Decencia scored the most valuable triumph of her career in the $56,000 Gran Premio Internacional Copa de Plata (Arg-1) Sunday at San Isidro racetrack in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Most Popular Stories
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- NYRA Pledges Matching Funds for Aftercare
- Gallant Son to Daehling Ranch in CA
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- New York THA Invests in Testing Equipment
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- 10-Day Los Al Fall Meet Opens Sept. 10
- Churchill Downs Plans $18 Million in Upgrades
- Gural-Owned Tracks Join Integrity Coalition