Trainer A.C. Avila does not plan to appeal his 60-day suspension and $10,000 fine recently handed out by the California Horse Racing Board after one of his runners tested over the permitted level of acepromazine last year.
Shipping in from California for trainer A. C. Avila, Great Hot used a ground-saving trip under Chantal Sutherland and edged Groupie Doll by a head in a thrilling edition of the Lexus Raven Run (gr. II) Oct. 22 at Keeneland.
A two-time group I winner and Horse of the Year in her native Brazil, Celtic Princess finally notched her first stakes win in the United States in her sixth try, handily taking the Royal Heroine Mile (gr. IIT) July 4.
Odds-on Alphie's Bet, who missed a chance to run for the roses when he finished sixth in the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) three weeks ago, made handy work of his rivals in the $200,000 Snow Chief Stakes at Hollywood Park.
Led by her experience, maturity and a well timed ride by jockey Juan Noriega, Haras Vacacion's Decencia scored the most valuable triumph of her career in the $56,000 Gran Premio Internacional Copa de Plata (Arg-1) Sunday at San Isidro racetrack in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea
- Suffolk Expected to Apply for 2015 Live Dates
- Undrafted Opens Season in Shakertown
- Kobe's Back Returns East for Commonwealth
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Peace and War Returns for Ashland