The aptly-named Hickory Trick brought Scott Lake his 4,000th career win Oct. 31 while the leading Mid-Atlantic trainer was trick-or-treating with his children on Halloween night. Saddled by assistant Ralph Wernimont, the gelded son of Clever Trick went wire-to-wire as the favorite in a six-furlong claiming event at Penn National.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Equine Attorneys Group Elects Philpott
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch
- Anchor Down Retired to Gainesway