The aptly-named Hickory Trick brought Scott Lake his 4,000th career win Oct. 31 while the leading Mid-Atlantic trainer was trick-or-treating with his children on Halloween night. Saddled by assistant Ralph Wernimont, the gelded son of Clever Trick went wire-to-wire as the favorite in a six-furlong claiming event at Penn National.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD