Jockey Jorge Carreno won his 1,000th race Oct. 9 riding Artistic Design to victory in race 5 at Turf Paradise, a claiming event for horses 3-years-old and up.
Trainer Gary Capuano notched career victory 1,000 at Delaware Park Sept. 18. The milestone was when Non Stop Stable's Miss Speaker posted a neck triumph in the second race, a six furlong $5,000 claiming event.
Jockey Brian J. Hernandez Jr. earned the 1,000th win of his career when he guided Wildandcrazyguy to victory in the eighth race Aug. 18 at Ellis Park in Kentucky.
The Dominican Republic native rode his 1,000th winner at Santa Anita Park, where he is four wins behind Rafael Bejarano.
Terry Houghton, who regularly tops the standings at Great Lakes Downs, moved into an exclusive club June 3 when he became the 99th North American jockey to win his 3,000th race.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow