Jockey Jorge Carreno won his 1,000th race Oct. 9 riding Artistic Design to victory in race 5 at Turf Paradise, a claiming event for horses 3-years-old and up.
Trainer Gary Capuano notched career victory 1,000 at Delaware Park Sept. 18. The milestone was when Non Stop Stable's Miss Speaker posted a neck triumph in the second race, a six furlong $5,000 claiming event.
Jockey Brian J. Hernandez Jr. earned the 1,000th win of his career when he guided Wildandcrazyguy to victory in the eighth race Aug. 18 at Ellis Park in Kentucky.
The Dominican Republic native rode his 1,000th winner at Santa Anita Park, where he is four wins behind Rafael Bejarano.
Terry Houghton, who regularly tops the standings at Great Lakes Downs, moved into an exclusive club June 3 when he became the 99th North American jockey to win his 3,000th race.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Wall, McKay Named to Media Honor Roll
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Oxley Makes Pledge to Grayson-Jockey Club
- Top Global Runners Vie in Hong Kong Races
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced