A call for uniform medication guidelines and restrictions on therapeutic medications on race day has won praise and concern.
Organizers of the ninth annual Shoemaker Foundation are looking for the person or persons responsible for taking a conformation painting of Secretariat from the annual dinner held at Walmac International near Lexington Sept. 9.
The national Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association has named five owners to receive its regional "Owner of the Year" awards at the organization's annual awards dinner Sept 8.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association has become the sixth founding member of the Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA), with the two organizations announcing Friday they plan to pool resources in areas of shared priorities, including working together with other Thoroughbred industry leaders, in new owner development and retention programs.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, which is set to embark ona plan to introduce new owners to the game, was briefed Friday morning onsomething dear to the hearts of owners-a national racing license that wouldcut a lot of red tape.
Three Thoroughbred organizations have joined forces to fund and develop a program aimed at identifying, recruiting, and retaining new owners for the horse industry.
Twenty racetracks have signed on for this year's America's Day at the Races, to be held Labor Day, Sept. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Royal Son Easily Captures Battaglia Memorial
- Gulfstream Park Cancels Card in Deluge
- Stellar Wind Sails to Santa Ysabel Victory
- Avila Defiant in Face of Suspension
- Rodriguez Suspended, Fined for Positives
- Almoonqith Wins at Meydan, Cavalryman Injured
- Palace Malice in First Work Back for Pletcher
- Illinois Racing Board Appointments Announced
- Godolphin One-Two in Chipping Norton Stakes
- Devine Aida Aces Sloppy Herecomesthebride