Tempered Fate, a colt by Distorted Humor consigned by agent Sequel Bloodstock (Becky Thomas), was sold for $260,000 to Zayat Stables to top the second and final session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2007 June Sale of Two-Year-Olds in Training and Horses of Racing Age.
Odds-on favorite Silver Swallow was perfectly positioned for her powerful late charge but there was no catching Tough Tiz's Sis, who kicked away to an easy 3 1/2-length victory in Sunday's $126,400 Hollywood Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies on the Cushion Track.
Former jockey Tracey Bartley was close to tears immediately following the running of the QTC Stradbroke Handicap (Aus-I) over seven furlongs at Eagle Farm racecourse in Australia on Saturday.
Zayat Stable's favored Marcavelly, who broke his maiden at first asking on Belmont Park's Widener Turf Course last summer, returned to the course Friday to win the $107,700 Hill Prince (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds at a mile by 1 1/4 lengths over second choice Distorted Reality.
While Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Curlin put in his final preparations for Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I), Monday was a quiet day for other contenders for the $1-million classic.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory