J. Keeler Johnson handicaps three Saturday stakes races at Churchill Downs.
Midwest Thoroughbreds' grade 1 winner The Pizza Man will make his season debut June 17 in the $50,000 Black Tie Affair Handicap at Arlington International Racecourse.
Thoroughbred owner and breeder and current chairman of Churchill Downs Inc. G. Watts Humphrey Jr. will be Honor Guest at the Thoroughbred Club of America's 2017 testimonial dinner Sept. 29 at Keeneland Race Course.
Sweeping Paddy and Proctor's Ledge are set to rematch June 17 at Churchill Downs in the $100,000 Regret Stakes Presented by Cox's Smokers Outlets (G3T) against a well-matched field of 12 3-year-old fillies.
Connections of some United States-based runners who plan to compete in the Royal Ascot meeting June 20-24 gathered for a news conference June 15 at the historic Jockey Club Rooms in Newmarket.
This week is the race recap of 2002 Stephen Foster Handicap (G1) won by Street Cry. The story, written by Lenny Shulman, carried the headline, "Street Song." The story ran in the June 22, 2002 issue of The Blood-Horse.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Look Back: Dr. Fager Delivers on Turf in United Nations
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker