Topped by a First Dude colt bought by his breeder for $400,000 on behalf of a racing partnership he heads, the Ocala Breeders' Sales' 2-year-olds and horses of racing age sale began on a strong note June 13.
Lazy Lane Farm's Hansel, winner of the 1991 Preakness Stakes (G1) and Belmont Stakes (G1) and subsequently Eclipse Award winner as champion 3-year-old colt that season, was euthanized June 13 due to the infirmities of old age. He was 29.
Belmont, Mohegan Sun Metropolitan, Woodford Reserve Manhattan, Ogden Phillps, Acorn, Longines Just A Game, New York, Woody Stephens, Brooklyn Invitational, True North, Belmont Gold Cup Invitationals, Jaipur Invitational and more.
The timing couldn't be better for three consignors with colts sired by Gainesway's leading sire Tapit entered in the June 14 second day of the Ocala Breeders' Sales 2-year-olds and horses in training sale.
Undefeated grade 1 winner Mastery has been retired after arriving at Claiborne Farm June 12, according to representative Bernie Sams. The 3-year-old son of Candy Ride (ARG) will begin stud duty at the Kentucky operation in 2018.
Ascot Racecourse is delighted to announce that a Royal Ascot Leading Owner Trophy will be awarded next week.
Horseman Bruce D. Anderson secured the 1,000th training win of his career June 12 when his homebred Sisters for Ever rallied from last in a field of eight to win the sixth race at Finger Lakes racetrack.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training