An hour after Always Dreaming crossed the finish line first in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1), the colt's trainer made an announcement about his Derby prize, a new Ram truck.
A filly from the first crop of Take Charge Indy and a Cape Blanco filly each breezed an eighth-mile in :10, the fastest time at the distance during the under tack show in preparation for the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1) winner Always Dreaming leads the field as NBC Sports Group presents the 142nd running of the Preakness Stakes (G1), middle jewel of the Triple Crown, at 5 p.m. EDT May 20 on NBC.
Three vans transporting five candidates for the May 20 Preakness Stakes (G1) arrived at Pimlico Race Course within minutes of each other the afternoon of May 16.
Multiple stakes-placed Judge's Case died May 15 at Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement Farm based in Georgetown, Ky. The 20-year-old gelding was euthanized due to chronic orthopedic disease.
The New York Racing Association announced May 16 that the King's Bishop Stakes (G1) at Saratoga Race Course will be renamed in honor of H. Allen Jerkens.
Ward sent out six contenders for half-mile works over the firm turf course at Lexington in preparation for Royal Ascot next month.
As activity picked up at the Pimlico Race Course stakes barn May 16, Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1) winner Always Dreaming went out earlier than normal for his daily exercise.
Horse Racing Radio Network (HRRN) announced Tuesday they will broadcast the 142nd running of the $1.5 million Preakness Stakes (G1) live from Pimlico Racecourse in Baltimore, Maryland, Saturday, May 20.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment