Harry and Tom Meyerhoff's talented miler Viva Lad steps up to stakes company for the first time in the $200,000 Presque Isle Mile Stakes Sept. 7 at Presque Isle Downs.
Churchill Downs on Sept. 5 opens its second annual September meet, which runs 12 days every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday through Sept. 28.
One year after London Bridge became the first New York-bred to win a race at the Breeders' Cup World Championships, horses bred in the Empire State are securing spots with an eye toward doing more damage at this year's event. read blog
Wise Dan, Australia, Saratoga, Del Mar, Parx Racing, Europe, Golden Gate Fields, and more! view slideshow
Carpe Diem, whose $1.6 million sale price was the co-highest at the Ocala Breeders' Sale Co. March sale of selected 2-year-olds in training, led all the way to win his career debut Sept. 1 at Saratoga Race Course.
Wise Dan, Parx, Saratoga, Del Mar, Monmouth Park, Australia, Golden Gate & More
The New York Racing Association reported attendance spiked during the 40-day summer meet at Saratoga Race Course, which also experienced a decline in wagering.
Tendon boots help protect horses’ front legs from injuries such as hoof strikes or collisions with jumps. Wraps protect this sensitive area during travel or flat work. But Austrian researchers have determined that boots and wraps have definite effects on skin and tendon temperature as well—and those effects are probably not without health cons...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Miller Promoted at Millennium Farms
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Strangles Leads to ThistleDown Quarantine