Racing analyst J. Keeler Johnson stands in for Evan Hammonds this week as we look at the big racing weekend from Oaklawn Park. watch video
A spill in the early stages of race 10 at Gulfstream Park March 16 prompted stewards to declare the race a 'no contest' to protect the safety of jockeys and horses.
Denied nine times previously in graded stakes company, Stormy Lucy found room along the inside under Rafael Bejarano for a breakthrough win in the $200,000 Santa Ana Stakes (gr. IIT) March 16 on the turf at Santa Anita.
Racing analyst J. Keeler Johnson stands in for Evan Hammonds this weekend as we look at a big racing weekend at Oaklawn Park.
Recent San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) winner California Chrome could be entered for the $1 million Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) next month, but firm plans for the colt's next race were still undetermined as of March 16.
The first four finishers of the Rebel Stakes (gr. II) March 15 came out of the race none the worse in spite of the roughly-run final furlong, and three of them are definitely pointed for a return in the Arkansas Derby.
Apprentice jockey Courtney Hernandez registered her first career win at Delta Downs on the night of March 14 aboard Mission to Collect, who finished in a dead-heat with Xstream Heart in a $5,000 claiming race.
Kentucky-bred Lideris stormed up the rail from off the pace and won the Gran Premio Asociacion Latinoamericana de Jockey Clubes e Hipdromos (Per-I) March 15 at Hipodromo de Monterrico in Lima, Peru.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast and Accurate Works Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Kitasan Black Dominates in Tenno Sho
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work