Led by the $360,000 paid by Gainesway for the 7-year-old mare Hidden Expression, Fasig-Tipton concluded its winter mixed sale Feb. 10 on a solid note, despite the formidable wintery conditions during the two-day sale.
Sub-freezing temperatures plus several inches of fresh snow daily does not lend itself to the most pleasant conditions for a horse sale.
The first reported foal for Storm Cat's dual stakes-winning son Calimonco was a filly born Feb. 5 at Don and Karen Cohn's Ballena Vista Farm near Ramona, Calif.
Steve Haskin adds a new horse to his Kentucky Derby Dozen, shuffles a little and removes one Kentucky Derby prep race winner completely. Read to find out who! read blog
Steve Haskin continues his new audio series One For the Roses with LeComte Stakes (gr. III) winner Vicar's in Trouble who is preparing for the Risen Star Stakes.
Hidden Expression, a 7-year-old stakes-winning daughter of Yonaguska, was purchased by Gainesway for $360,000 to top the early portion of the Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale's second session Feb. 10.
Controversial Clenbuterol: This drug is a hot topic as industry takes steps toward uniform medication rules. Read the full feature in the February 15, 2014 issue of The Blood-Horse.
Owner/breeder Carlos Vaccarezza got his first win as a trainer Feb. 9 at Gulfstream Park with first-time starter Little Alexis.
Equine eye problems can be challenging for practitioners and owners to manage. They can be particularly difficult to treat when veterinarians are still just trying to determine problem's root cause. One such issue is eosinophilic keratoconjunctivitis (EK).
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Curalina, Syndergaard Breeze at Belmont
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Strong Buyer Traffic on Eve of October Sale
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome