Two weeks after being scratched out of the grade I Diana Stakes, Dayatthespa has been installed the 2-5 morning-line favorite for the 34th running of the $150,000 Yaddo Stakes.
Witt You Expect became the first winner for her sire Penitent Man on Aug. 9, capturing her maiden at the Louisiana Downs, a 5 1/2 furlong maiden claiming test.
Electrical Storm was represented by his first winner as filly Shes All Stormy won her second start in the second race on the Aug. 10 Hastings Racecourse card, a maiden optional claiming event.
The minimum purse for grade I and grade II stakes will be raised by $50,000 for 2014. An increase for grade III stakes may be made in 2015.
- By Vic Zast
Tragedy overwhelms building interest in Saratoga meet. read blog
- By Tom LaMarra
Whether members of Congress address legislation tied to medication and drug testing in horse racing remains to be seen, but the Thoroughbred industry appears to be more and more unwilling to take the chance it won't happen.
Former Breeders' Cup executive Carter Carnegie has been appointed international executive for Great British Racing International, an entity established to attract new foreign investment in the sport.
Robert Zoellner of Rockin Z Ranch was honored with The Blood-Horse Julep Cup as Oklahoma breeder of the year when the Thoroughbred Racing Association of Oklahoma held its awards banquet.
With the Del Mar race meet surpassing its mid-point, the seaside California oval continues to experience an increase in betting and decline in attendance.
A record-setting $430,000 yearling was the highlight of a strong Fasig-Tipton New York-bred preferred yearling sale, which ended its two-night run on a powerful upswing for the third year in a row.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast and Accurate Works Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Kitasan Black Dominates in Tenno Sho
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work