Gulfstream Park had all-sources handle of $1,986,428 for eight races June 25 as it held the first summer racing day in its 75-year history.
When the legendary English jockey Lester Piggott walked into a paddock, or anywhere, you knew 'somebody' had arrived. read blog
The Illinois Racing Board June 25 formally allocated $23 million in casino money to the state's racing interests amid hopes it will bridge a financial gap until a broader gaming expansion bill is approved.
Tapping Christopher Kay looks like a wise move. read blog
Offspring of Coolmore's Fastnet Rock and Darley's Exceed And Excel headlined the two-day Inglis Australian weanling and broodmare sale, which concluded June 25 in Sydney with a robust clearance rate of 89%.
Tony Soprano, Monmouth, Churchill, Ascot, Woodbine; Colonial Downs, Belmont & More view slideshow
Tony Soprano, Monmouth, Churchill, Ascot, Woodbine; Colonial Downs, Belmont & More
by John P. Sparkman
Curlin has not made the fastest start at stud with his first crop of 3-year-olds, but the victory of Palace Malice in the 145th Belmont Stakes June 8 gave him a first-crop classic winner.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Trainer Baird Reaches Win 2,000
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle