Ocala Breeders' Sales Company officials could not have scripted a better start to the OBS spring sale of 2-year-olds in training in Ocala, Fla., on Monday, April 22. Bidding proved fast and furious, fueling large gains.
George Strawbridge Jr's Augustin Stables has privately acquired New Zealand standout filly Habibi, who defeated males in this year's TV3 New Zealand Derby (NZ-I).
After a pair of runner-up finishes last season, Wertheimer and Frere homebred Anodin, a full brother to three-time Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Goldikova, secured a clear victory in his 3-year-old debut.
- By Tracy Gantz
A New York regulatory panel has approved a new 10-year tote contract between the New York Racing Association and AmTote International. NYRA had been aligned with Churchill Downs Inc.'s United Tote.
Steve Haskin reshuffles his deck of 12 and reminds us how to handicap the old fashioned way this week on Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen. read blog
Godolphin trainer Mahmood Al Zarooni has admitted to administering anabolic steroids to 11 horses at the Moulton Paddocks Stables who tested positive for the prohibited substances.
Freshman sire Kodiak Kowboy was represented by his first starter and winner when 2-year-old filly Bear Facts won a Trial race at Turf Paradise April 19.
In search of his fifth Kentucky Derby (gr. I) victory, trainer D. Wayne Lukas sent out Oxbow for a five-furlong breeze Monday, April 22, at Churchill Downs.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires