Grade I winner Swagger Jack has been retired from racing and will stand at Millennium Farms in Kentucky in 2014 as part of a partnership, farm owner Ro Parra said Nov. 25.
A colt from first crop of Rip Van Winkle led trading Nov. 25 at the single-session Tattersalls December yearling sale, which saw a marginal decline in total sales, compared with 2012, but increases in average and median.
Horses registered with the Delaware Certified Thoroughbred Program will be eligible for more money next year, officials announced Nov. 25.
Three New Jersey racetracks will receive the largest share of almost $1 million accrued in the Casino Simulcasting Special Fund in 2012.
Besides giving thanks, eating turkey, and shopping this weekend, Churchill Downs hopes race fans find some time to think about next year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Pre-trial hearings have been set for three Penn National Race Course-based horsemen, and a clocker at the Grantville, Pa., track, who were arrested on federal charges Nov. 22.
In her final breeze in preparation for the Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I) Nov. 30 at Aqueduct Racetrack, Groupie Doll completed four furlongs in :48.55 on the Belmont Park training track Nov. 25.
Hoorayforhollwood, a stakes-placed son of Storm Cat, will stand his first season at stud in 2014 at Milky Way Farm in Temecula, California.
Whether your horse takes several short, quick trot steps into the canter or jumps right into that rocking-horse gait, the moment when his legs change sequence probably seems fleeting. To a group of researchers from Michigan State University (MSU) though, that moment of change is of great interest.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente