Tom Simon's Vinery New York announced that six of its stallions standing at Sugar Maple Farm near Poughquag will be moving to Lere Visagie's Rockridge Stud near Hudson beginning with the 2014 season.
Asserting Bear, shifted from turf to Polytrack for the first time by trainer Reade Baker, surprised the field with his initial stakes win in the $239,476 Coronation Futurity for 2-year-olds Nov. 17 at Woodbine.
Trainer Todd Pletcher's three contenders for the Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I)--Forty Tales, Capo Bastone, and Verrazano--took to the Belmont Park training track Nov. 17 to turn in their penultimate breezes prior to the race.
Game On Dude and Will Take Charge stand out on the nomination list released Nov. 17 for the upcoming $500,000 Clark Handicap Presented by Norton Healthcare (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
Yutaka Take became Japan's first jockey to win 100 grade or group I races when he guided Tosen Ra to victory in the Mile Championship (Jpn-I) Nov. 17 at Kyoto.
The British Horseracing Authority (BHA) has published the sixth edition of the Health and Safety in the Racing and Breeding Industry guide, commonly known as the "Red Book," the group announced Oct. 31.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win