Favored Premier Steps, handled confidently by jockey Javier Castellano, caught pacesetting Discreet Marq in the last strides to post a neck victory in the $100,000 Sweetest Chant Stakes at Gulfstream Park Jan. 27.
Jockey David Cohen celebrated his return to Aqueduct Racetrack by winning three races Jan. 27, including the $73,500 Cagey Exuberance Stakes aboard Celtic Chant.
Fed Biz and Guilt Trip, the one-three finishers in a three-horse photo in the San Fernando Stakes (gr. II), worked six furlongs in company on Santa Anita's wet/fast main track on the morning of Jan. 27 for the Strub Stakes.
Itsmyluckyday and Shanghai Bobby, the first two finishers in the Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 26 at Gulfstream Park, are likely headed for a rematch in the $1 million Florida Derby (gr. I).
Evan Hammonds recaps the Holy Bull Stakes as well as a few other stellar performances from the weekend. What did you think of the Holy Bull Stakes?
Star Guitar, E.J. Perrodin, and Ray Salmen have been elected to the Fair Grounds Hall of Fame.
Veterinarians and breeding farm managers regularly examine stallion semen samples under a microscope to check sperm motility, especially samples from horses with suspected fertility issues. But while they can check sperm for this common fertility measure on the farm or in the average veterinary clinic, evaluating sperm morphology--to ensure the head, midp...
Swift Warrior made his first-ever start at Sam Houston Race Park a successful one Jan. 26, when he beat nine rivals in the John B. Connally Turf Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT) in a pacesetting effort.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year