Favored Premier Steps, handled confidently by jockey Javier Castellano, caught pacesetting Discreet Marq in the last strides to post a neck victory in the $100,000 Sweetest Chant Stakes at Gulfstream Park Jan. 27.
Jockey David Cohen celebrated his return to Aqueduct Racetrack by winning three races Jan. 27, including the $73,500 Cagey Exuberance Stakes aboard Celtic Chant.
Fed Biz and Guilt Trip, the one-three finishers in a three-horse photo in the San Fernando Stakes (gr. II), worked six furlongs in company on Santa Anita's wet/fast main track on the morning of Jan. 27 for the Strub Stakes.
Itsmyluckyday and Shanghai Bobby, the first two finishers in the Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 26 at Gulfstream Park, are likely headed for a rematch in the $1 million Florida Derby (gr. I).
Evan Hammonds recaps the Holy Bull Stakes as well as a few other stellar performances from the weekend. What did you think of the Holy Bull Stakes?
Star Guitar, E.J. Perrodin, and Ray Salmen have been elected to the Fair Grounds Hall of Fame.
Veterinarians and breeding farm managers regularly examine stallion semen samples under a microscope to check sperm motility, especially samples from horses with suspected fertility issues. But while they can check sperm for this common fertility measure on the farm or in the average veterinary clinic, evaluating sperm morphology--to ensure the head, midp...
Swift Warrior made his first-ever start at Sam Houston Race Park a successful one Jan. 26, when he beat nine rivals in the John B. Connally Turf Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT) in a pacesetting effort.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Fair Grounds, Horsemen Rise to Challenge