In his hauntingly melodic song, "Hallelujah," Leonard Cohen wrote, "Baby I've been here before. I know this room, I've walked this floor." read blog
The winner of four straight in wire-to-wire fashion, Silver Max has looked a league apart from his rivals. The son of Badge of Silver, who began his streak in a Gulfstream Park allowance/optional claimer in March, has since romped by 5 1/2 lengths in the Grade 3 Transylvania at Keeneland, by 2 3/4 lengths in the Grade 2 American Turf on Kentucky Oaks Day and by two lengths in the May 26 Arlington Classic.
One-time Kentucky Derby hopeful Mark Valeski, who scored a breakthrough win in the Grade 2 Peter Pan Stakes on May 12, will be out for the rest of the year with a knee chip, trainer Larry Jones announced Monday.
Trainer Steve Asmussen said Monday that he has "mixed emotions" about running the "two best horses" in his stable against an imposing field in the Grade 1, $400,000 Stephen Foster Handicap, but he expects to have a double-barreled threat in the starting gate for Saturday night's race at Churchill Downs.
Peter Pan Stakes (gr. II) winner Mark Valeski will be sidelined the remainder of the year after undergoing surgery for a small chip in his left knee.
The Pennsylvania Equine Coalition said June 11 it is closer to consensus on "action items" designed to improve the health and safety of equines and humans at racetracks in the state.
E.J. Perrodin, who was one of the leading riders in Louisiana for a number of years, died June 10 of cancer at his home in Haughton, La.
Drs. Lorie Bidwell and Cynthia MacKenzie will discuss "Pain Management in Horses" during a free webcast at bloodhorse.com Wednesday, June 13, at 2 p.m. EDT.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat