Evan Hammonds recaps the Sam F. Davis Stakes, the Robert B. Lewis Stakes, and touches on the Withers. Evan also comments on Star Guitar's victory in the Louisiana Premier Night Championship. watch video
Game On Dude may have caused his backers a bit of concern when he trailed the field in the San Antonio Stakes (gr. II) after a tardy start, but it all worked out for the 3-10 favorite, who romped to victory at Santa Anita.
Setsuko, beaten a nose at 25-1 in the 2011 Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I), punched his ticket for a return trip March 3 with a comfortable victory in an allowance test in finale at Santa Anita Feb. 4.
Horses could be returning to the starting gate in Fargo, North Dakota after a two-year shutdown to pay bills.
Withers Stakes (gr. III) winner Alpha is likely to stay in New York for his next start, trainer Kiaran McLaughlin said the morning after the Godolphin colt defeated an overmatched field Feb. 4 at Aqueduct.
Star Guitar won the Louisiana Premier Night Championship for the fourth consecutive time, rallying from last early to capture the $200,000 event by 3 1/4 lengths on the night of Feb. 4 at Delta Downs.
If someone had said "equine proliferative enteropathy" 10 years ago, chances are most horse breeders would have shrugged their shoulders and paid little mind. Today, however, many breeders are mindful of this still-emerging young horse disease caused by the Lawsonia intracellularis bacteria. Researchers have made great strides in comprehending m...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field