Grade I winner Daisy Devine made quick work of four rivals in the $72,000 Blushing K. D. Handicap, going gate to wire for a six-length victory on the turf at Fair Ground Race Course & Slots Dec. 22.
Due to high winds, live racing at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course was canceled after two races Dec. 22.
Nikki's Sandcastle rallied from the back of the bulky field of 13 to win the $75,000 El Prado Stakes on the turf at Gulfstream Park Dec. 22 by three-quarters of a length over 17-1 outsider Kharafa.
Capetown Noir was a convincing winner of the Cape Premier Yearling Sales Guineas (SAf-I) in South Africa Dec. 22.
Onepointhreekarats made her stakes debut successfully for trainer Graham Motion when she drew off mid-stretch to win the $104,250 Thirty Eight Go Go Stakes Dec. 22 comfortably at Laurel Park.
Turfway Park is following through with its plan to increase purses across the board when its winter/spring meet begins Jan. 1, 2013. The new condition book at the Kentucky racetrack reflects increases of 13% to about 35%.
Sportech PLC has enhanced its position in the online wagering market by acquiring eBet Online Inc., a California-based provider of technology and services to 20 outlets across North America.
M One Rifle, winner of the 2009 Malibu Stakes (gr. I), has been officially retired to trainer Bruce Headley's equine complex in Arcadia, Calif.
Dhruba Selvaratnam-trained Jaasoos is seeking a repeat win in the listed HH The President's Cup that highlights the Dec. 23 race card at Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work