Favored Violence remained unbeaten in three starts when he ran down front-running Fury Kapcori for victory in the $750,000 CashCall Futurity (gr. I), the final graded stakes of the autumn meet at Hollywood Park Dec. 15.
Going Somewhere closed powerfully along the inside and wore down favorite Indy Point to win the Gran Premio Internacional Carlos Pellegrini (Arg-I), South America's marquee race, Dec. 15 at San Isidro in Buenos Aires.
Favored Grandeur earned his second grade II win from three United States starts when he came from off the pace to capture the $250,000 Hollywood Turf Cup by three-quarters of a length at Betfair Hollywood Park Dec. 15.
The much-anticipated second start for Zenyatta's half sister, Eblouissante, will have to wait. The 3-year-old filly banged her hip and was a late scratch from the fourth race at Betfair Hollywood Park Dec. 15
Saginaw reaffirmed his status as the biggest winner in New York this year Dec. 15 at Aqueduct, outfighting Royal Currier through the stretch to take the Gravesend Handicap for his 10th victory of 2012.
An inside trip and a good kick at the head of the lane made all the difference for 2-year-old filly Mystic Love, who beat the boys at odds of 16-1 Dec. 15 in the $100,000 Dania Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park.
Trainer Dale Romans sported a wide smile following workouts by his two top 2-year-olds at Gulfstream Park on the morning of Dec. 15.
Laminitis is a painful disease in horses that is often illustrated by classic clinical signs. Recognizing these signs during early onset and seeking immediate veterinary care can improve the outcome of treatment, said James Orsini, DVM, Dipl. ACVS, director of the Laminitis Institute at the University of Pennsylvania's New Bolton Center.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day