Four-year-old filly is now a perfect 9 for 9. More
Triple Crown veteran Mucho Macho Man proved too strong for six fellow Florida-breds in the $400,000 Sunshine Millions Classic at Gulfstream Park.
Little-known Home Sweet Aspen, a California homebred racing for Craig Stables, refused to give in when headed past mid-stretch and got up in the final couple of strides to win the $300,000 Santa Monica Stakes (gr. I).
Willa B Awesome hit the front early and was never headed as she snuck away to an 11-1 upset in the $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Jan. 28.
Undefeated Awesome Feather won her ninth consecutive race, runnng away from the Sunshine Millions Distaff field at Gulfstream Park for Stronach Stables and trainer Chad Brown.
Tested at top of the stretch by 4-5 favorite I Want Revenge, the front-running Redding Colliery battled back along the inside to register a two-length victory in the $73,500 Evening Attire Stakes at Aqueduct Racetrack.
The first reported foal by Canadian champion Marchfield was born at Windhaven Farm in Caledon, Ontario. The chestnut filly out of Casey's Irish Pride was born Jan. 25.
The catalog for the 23rd annual Barretts March Sale of Selected Two-Year-Olds in Training is now on its website and will be mailed soon. This year's catalog consists of 149 juveniles, a 41% increase from 2011.
The New Mexico Horse Breeders' Association honored its 2011 Thoroughbred champions during its Zia Awards Banquet at the Marriott Uptown Hotel in Albuquerque Jan. 26.
The Race Track Chaplaincy of America's board of directors has named retiring United States Army Chaplain (Col.) Craig Wiley as its new executive director. He will assume his duties in April.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Maker Trio Heads Muniz Memorial Handicap