Rachel Alexandra, 2009 Horse of the Year, gave birth Jan. 22 to a 125-pound colt by two-time Horse of the Year Curlin, who stands at Lane's End Farm.
Grade I winner Eskendereya sired his first reported foal on Jan. 20 when a filly was born at Lynn Alexander's Alastar in Nicholasville, Ky.
Jockey Pedro Flores sustained a fractured right collarbone and bruising to his lower back in a spill in the fifth race at Golden Gate Fields Jan. 22.
Making her first start around two turns, Include Me Out registered a convincing 4 1/4-length victory in the $150,000 La Canada Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Jan. 22.
Back on firm ground for her first start of 2012, favored Dayatthespa swept to a 1 3/4-length win in the $100,000 Sweetest Chant Stakes on the Gulfstream Park turf Jan. 22.
Unbeaten 4-year-old filly Awesome Feather and 2011 Eclipse champion female sprinter Musical Romance are among the most accomplished of 48 Florida breds entered in the $1.3 million Florida Sunshine Millions Jan. 28.
Newly crowned juvenile champion Hansen breezed five furlongs at Gulfstream Park Jan. 22, completing the main preparation for his 3-year-old seasonal debut in the $400,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III).
Arnold G. Pessin, a Kentucky veterinarian who built the Kentucky Training Center, has died. He was 83.
Stem cell source site has been debated among researchers in recent years as stem cells have been gaining popularity in equine medicine. A research group at Colorado State University recently compared the use of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells from two sites on the horse's body to determine which might be most effective for treating specific...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race