Bauble Queen helped jockey Garrett Gomez celebrate his 40th birthday in style with the best effort of her career to win the $150,000 Robert J. Frankel Stakes (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf Jan. 1.
Stretched out to two turns for the first time, Reveron responded with a half-length victory in the inaugural $100,000 Gulfstream Park Derby Jan. 1 for his third consecutive win.
The New Year's Day Old Hat Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park points to a promising 3-year-old campaign for Sacristy, who won the $100,000 main track test in smart style.
For the second year in a row, Ramon Dominguez topped the 2011 national jockey standings with more than $20 million in earnings. Todd Pletcher once again led all trainers in the United States.
Reigning Eclipse champions Ramon Dominquez and Todd Pletcher once again dominated The New York Racing Association circuit in 2011.
With another holiday season in the bag, wrapped up with the turkey giblets and excessive toy packaging, we can now turn and face the impending New Year. After the ball drops approximately 50% of us will yet again vow to make some important changes in our lives, but will we actually follow through?
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud