CHRB disciplines five racing officials for incorrect finish order.
On the heels of a new poll that revealed 56% of Massachusetts residents favor the expansion of gambling, state senators on Sept. 26 opened debate on a bill that has already passed the House by an overwhelming margin.
WinStar offers Tiznow season to any filly or mare that wins 2011 BC Classic.
Robert Cole Jr.'s Rapid Redux, who has won his last 17 starts, is entered Sept. 30 in another starter allowance event at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort in West Virginia.
Fox Hill Farms' Havre de Grace and Palides Investments' Royal Delta worked the morning of Sept. 26 in preparation for their next starts.
Champions have gotten their start at Turfway Park over the years. And though the return of the WinStar Kentucky Cup Day of Champions generated a buzz, a performance on the racetrack Sept. 24 generated a bigger buzz.
The column is about the Gold Cup's influence on the Breeders' Cup Classic and how to approach the race, as prestigious as it is, with the Classic in mind. read blog
- By Blood-Horse Staff
- Thoroughbred Racing, International, Northeast Region, West Region, Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe
HRTV will provide coverage of the U.S. stakes extravaganza on tap for Oct. 1, a major day of racing leading up to the Breeders' Cup World Championships, and the Oct. 2 Qatar Prix de l' Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I).
Multiple graded stakes winner Banned underwent surgery Sept. 24 and reportedly came out of it well, his owner said the following day.
Graded stakes winner and grade I stakes-placed Bearpath, who sustained a shoulder injury during the John's Call Stakes at Saratoga Aug. 5, was euthanized Sept. 23.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program