Grade I filly has now earned almost $700,000. More Information
Book Three of the Keeneland September Yearling Sale opened with significant improvement in all key indices over 2010 figures, with the gross rising 24%.
Favored Marketing Mix bettered 13 sophomore filly rivals to comfortably register her first graded stakes win in the $100,000 Pucker Up (gr. IIIT) on the Arlington Park turf course Sept. 17.
Woodbine-based Stormy Lord ventured to Philadelphia for the $250,000 PTHA President's Cup and produced a 9-1 upset for trainer Ian Black Sept. 17 on a yielding turf course at Parx Racing.
This may be just the beginning for Finale, who earned a starting slot in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IT) with a three-quarters of a length win in the Summer Stakes Presented by TVG (Can-IIIT) on the Woodbine lawn.
Behind a wall of horses with nowhere to go, Winter Memories somehow found a way out, passing the entire field inside the sixteenth pole to win the Garden City Stakes (gr. IT) in unbelievable fashion Sept. 17 at Belmont Park.
Northern Passion, one of four starters for trainer Mark Casse, ran down Dayatthespa in mid-stretch and went on to take the $235,100 Natalma Stakes (Can-IIIT) by 1 1/4 lengths Sept. 17 at Woodbine.
Trainer Joe Woodard, second in the nation in victories this year, was ordered to remove his horses from Turfway Park after he scratched six horses entered Sept. 16 with about 30 minutes to post time for the first race.
Robert Cole Jr.'s Rapid Redux popped the gate and never looked back en route to his 17th consecutive victory Sept. 16 at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Maker Trio Heads Muniz Memorial Handicap