Joseph Cornacchia, co-owner of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) Strike the Gold and Go for Gin, dies at 78. He also served on NYRA's board of directors.
Prairie Meadows announces its June 25 program produces its best handle in three years; second largest Saturday program in track's history.
The head of the New York Racing Association said he made "a mistake" by not sharing details about management pay hikes with state oversight officials, but he defended the fiscal health of the association.
Prominent Maryland stallion Two Punch was euthanized Saturday, June 25, due to the infirmities of old age at Northview Stallion Station near Chesapeake City, Md.
Journeyman Stud stallion Saint Anddan had his first winner June 26 at Hollywood Park when his 2-year-old daughter Woebegon scored by 3 1/4 lengths after a pacesetting effort.
Many may wonder what possessed Barb Hutchison to make Thoroughbred rescue her life mission, having not grown up around the industry. Read Blog
One of the most fun things about summer racing is watching the 2-year-olds emerge, especially at Saratoga, where many well-bred youngsters start for the first time. Read Blog
Dick Hancock, executive director of the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association for 22 years, plans to retire before his contract ends, according to organization president Fred Brei.
Team Valor International and The Vinery's Pluck, who won last year's Breeder's Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs, will be returned to training June 28.
The deadline for open enrollment of previously non-nominated yearlings and horses of racing age to the Breeders' Cup program is June 30, Breeders' Cup officials said.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino June 24 approved a new eight-year lease with Polk County that will pay the county $26 million in each of the first three years and perhaps more after that.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Epicharis Earns Japan Kentucky Derby Bid
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George