A key Florida horsemen's association could take legal action against Gulfstream Park over decision to run Quarter Horse races during Thoroughbred meet.
Barbaro's full brother Lentenor won an allowance/optional claiming event at Tampa Bay Downs Dec. 23 on the turf for Lael Stables.
Jay Em Ess Stable continued its hot hand when Boys At Tosconova scored an allowance victory at Gulfstream Park Dec. 23.
A memorial service for Julian Logan "Buck" Wheat, the longtime director of horsemen's relations and the unofficial "Mayor of the Backside" at Churchill Downs will be held at the track Wednesday, Dec. 28.
Trainer Nick Zito said the inaugural Gulfstream Park Derby Jan. 1 is under consideration for Casual Trick, a son of Bernardini who broke his maiden impressively in his second career start.
Hoosier Park Racing & Casino has invested $3 million in a new off-track wagering facility designed to attract a broader range of customers in downtown Indianapolis.
Recap, a full brother to grade I winners Courageous Cat and After Market, has been retired from racing and will stand in 2012 at Ballena Vista Farm near Ramona, Calif.
Mechanical collapse, or "sinking," of the distal phalanx (coffin bone) is a devastating complication of laminitis. Prognoses for these cases are often poor, but foot casts might improve horses' survival rates if applied early in the sinking process. Raul Bras, DVM, CJF, of Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital's podiatry center, in Lexington...
Efforts to facilitate installation of video lottery terminals at Ohio racetracks continued to quicken Dec. 22 when a public policy group that filed suit over VLTs was given a deadline to respond to motions to dismiss.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Beam Appointed to Ohio Fund Advisory Panel
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot