The New York Racing Association predicted the size of fields at its tracks could grow by an average of one-half to one horse per race in the coming year thanks to higher purses from the new casino at Aqueduct.
Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement Center near Georgetown, Ky., has joined with Lexington's Maker's Mark Secretariat Center and CANTER Michigan to retire Ferdinand's Star and Mikethespike.
The American Horse Council reports that Congress has taken action that will prohibit the Department of Labor from implementing a new wage rule for the H-2B program that would have taken effect Jan. 1, 2012.
Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races has announced a 28-race stakes program valued at $3.59 million for 2012.
Jeannine Edwards, senior broadcast analyst for ESPN, will be the first female to host the Eclipse Awards presentation, which will be held Jan. 16, 2012, at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies