The New York Racing Association predicted the size of fields at its tracks could grow by an average of one-half to one horse per race in the coming year thanks to higher purses from the new casino at Aqueduct.
Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement Center near Georgetown, Ky., has joined with Lexington's Maker's Mark Secretariat Center and CANTER Michigan to retire Ferdinand's Star and Mikethespike.
The American Horse Council reports that Congress has taken action that will prohibit the Department of Labor from implementing a new wage rule for the H-2B program that would have taken effect Jan. 1, 2012.
Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races has announced a 28-race stakes program valued at $3.59 million for 2012.
Jeannine Edwards, senior broadcast analyst for ESPN, will be the first female to host the Eclipse Awards presentation, which will be held Jan. 16, 2012, at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- 'Crook' 50th Black-Type Winner for Freud
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator