The New York Racing Association predicted the size of fields at its tracks could grow by an average of one-half to one horse per race in the coming year thanks to higher purses from the new casino at Aqueduct.
Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement Center near Georgetown, Ky., has joined with Lexington's Maker's Mark Secretariat Center and CANTER Michigan to retire Ferdinand's Star and Mikethespike.
The American Horse Council reports that Congress has taken action that will prohibit the Department of Labor from implementing a new wage rule for the H-2B program that would have taken effect Jan. 1, 2012.
Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races has announced a 28-race stakes program valued at $3.59 million for 2012.
Jeannine Edwards, senior broadcast analyst for ESPN, will be the first female to host the Eclipse Awards presentation, which will be held Jan. 16, 2012, at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George
- Gunnevera, Three Rules Work toward Fountain of Youth