The New York Racing Association predicted the size of fields at its tracks could grow by an average of one-half to one horse per race in the coming year thanks to higher purses from the new casino at Aqueduct.
Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement Center near Georgetown, Ky., has joined with Lexington's Maker's Mark Secretariat Center and CANTER Michigan to retire Ferdinand's Star and Mikethespike.
The American Horse Council reports that Congress has taken action that will prohibit the Department of Labor from implementing a new wage rule for the H-2B program that would have taken effect Jan. 1, 2012.
Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races has announced a 28-race stakes program valued at $3.59 million for 2012.
Jeannine Edwards, senior broadcast analyst for ESPN, will be the first female to host the Eclipse Awards presentation, which will be held Jan. 16, 2012, at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Elliston Named Keeneland VP of Racing, Sales
- Pacific Overtures