The Blue Grass Farms Charities' annual Christmas festival provided food, gloves, and coats to more than 210 families Dec. 15.
Starlight Racing's 2-year-old colt Algorithms ran his record to two-for-two with an impressive victory at Gulfstream Park Dec. 16.
The major of Oceanport, N.J., where Monmouth Park is located, told Gov. Chris Christie the borough could serve as a vehicle to keep the facility operating until the state signs a deal with a lessee.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Dec. 16 that Aqueduct has earned re-accreditation from the NTRA Safety and Integrity Alliance.
Churchill Downs will permit four also-eligible entrants to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), beginning with the respective 138th runnings of those races in 2012.
Free-to-enter sweepstakes requires fans to select the horse they feel deserves to win the 2011 Horse of the Year award, which will be announced Monday, Jan. 16, 2012, at the Eclipse Awards ceremony in Beverly Hills, Calif.
The Jockey Club and Association of Racing Commissioners International have joined forces on a searchable online database of regulatory rulings for Thoroughbred trainers.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago