The Blue Grass Farms Charities' annual Christmas festival provided food, gloves, and coats to more than 210 families Dec. 15.
Starlight Racing's 2-year-old colt Algorithms ran his record to two-for-two with an impressive victory at Gulfstream Park Dec. 16.
The major of Oceanport, N.J., where Monmouth Park is located, told Gov. Chris Christie the borough could serve as a vehicle to keep the facility operating until the state signs a deal with a lessee.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Dec. 16 that Aqueduct has earned re-accreditation from the NTRA Safety and Integrity Alliance.
Churchill Downs will permit four also-eligible entrants to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), beginning with the respective 138th runnings of those races in 2012.
Free-to-enter sweepstakes requires fans to select the horse they feel deserves to win the 2011 Horse of the Year award, which will be announced Monday, Jan. 16, 2012, at the Eclipse Awards ceremony in Beverly Hills, Calif.
The Jockey Club and Association of Racing Commissioners International have joined forces on a searchable online database of regulatory rulings for Thoroughbred trainers.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita