Trainer Christophe Clement may have the one to beat in the Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) with Brushwood Stable's 4-year-old colt Mr. Ryder following a third-place effort last out in the Oct. 15 Knickerbocker Stakes.
John Veitch, chief steward for the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission who was the subject of an investigation into the Life At Ten situation during the 2010 Breeders' Cup, was dismissed from his position Nov. 28.
All indices rose on the first day of the Tattersalls December Mare Sale led by Miss Keller, who brought 625,000 guineas from Waratah Thoroughbreds' Paul Fudge.
Ghazi, a grade I winner and the sire of 19 stakes winners, was euthanized Nov. 3 because of cancer.
Kentucky racing shifts to Turfway Park for four months beginning Dec. 1, opening night of the holiday meet. Five stakes are scheduled for the December meet.
Senada and Cheetah, the respective first- and third-place finishers in the Rood and Riddle Dowager Stakes at Keeneland Oct. 23, will again square off in the $100,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino and the Iowa Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association have announced they are collaborating on the development of the state's first legal online wagering platform.
Robert Green, who managed Elmendorf Farm and Greentree Farm and who guided the careers of numerous top stallions, died Nov. 20 in Mount Sterling, Ky.
Laminitis treatment recommendations and therapies come and go: Some once considered gold standards have been abandoned altogether, and others resurface over time (e.g., icing acutely laminitic feet). Corticosteroids, which veterinarians have historically advised against using to treat laminitic horses, might be one of those therapies warranting reconsider...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial