Ken and Sarah Ramsey, Julien Leparoux, and Steve Asmussen and Mike Maker were the leaders during the Churchill Downs fall meet, which ended Nov. 27.
Jockey Russell Baze, racing's all-time leader with 11,415 career victories, escaped serious injury at Golden Gate Fields Nov, 27 when his mount, Reinvent, crashed through the breakaway inner rail on the turf course.
Owner B.J. Wright and trainer Michael Pender capped their superb Turf Festival at Hollywood Park when front-running Ultimate Eagle employed thievery to win the $250,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) at odds of 14-1 Nov. 27.
Maritimer made a strong case for a Sovereign Award as Canada's champion 2-year-old male when he coasted to victory in Woodbine's $167,307 Display Stakes Nov. 27.
Stoney Fleece, closing with aplomb, won the $100,000 Generous Stakes (gr. IIIT) going away at Hollywood Park Nov. 27 for his first stakes victory.
Bob Black Jack's career is over after the 6-year-old horse was injured during a sixth-place finish in the Citation Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park, trainer Jim Kasparoff confirmed Nov. 27.
Bobby Flay's Super Espresso, a graded stakes winner, has been retired from racing to become a broodmare.
Cornelio Velasquez, one of the leading riders on the New York circuit for many years, earned his 3,000th victory in North America aboard favored Up in Smoke in the fifth race Nov. 27 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
A new show ring and a new environment can equate to stress--and even poor performance--for your horse. Because according to Danish equitation scientists, the faster a horse's heart rate in a new environment, the more likely he is to perform poorly.
Buena Vista, disqualified from first to second for interference in last year's Japan Cup (Jpn-I), found no such problems this year. The 5-year-old mare surged late to win the $6.1 million event Nov. 27 at Tokyo Racecourse.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky