Efforts by the Jockeys' Guild to persuade Churchill Downs Inc. to renew its contract entered another realm Nov. 14 when a petition signed by 240 jockeys was submitted to the CDI board of directors.
The pros and cons of race-day medication in racehorses were debated Nov. 14 during a lengthy meeting of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission Race Day Medication Committee at the state Capitol.
As the robust Keeneland November breeding stock sale entered its final days, the Nov. 14 session again saw double-digit increases in gross, average, and median prices.
Claiborne Farm's Seth Hancock will be honored by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners, Inc. as the 2011 recipient of its annual "Warner L. Jones Jr. Horseman of the Year Award" at its awards dinner Saturday, Nov. 19.
Major stallion Unbridled's Song will stand in 2012 at the Taylor family's Taylor Made Farm near Nicholasville, Ky., for $85,000 stands and nurses, down from $100,000 in 2011.
Workforce, winner of last year's Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I) and the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I), has been retired from racing and will stand in 2012 at Teruya Yoshida's Shadai Farm in Japan.
GoldMark Farm's Backtalk, a multiple graded stakes-winning son of Smarty Jones, has been retired from racing and will stand the upcoming breeding season at Tom Simon's Vinery Florida near Summerfield, Fla.
The hearing officer in the lengthy Life At Ten investigation has requested a 30-day extension to complete his report to the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale