Comma to the Top, who swept the Real Quiet and Generous Stakes (gr. IIIT) and the CashCall Futurity (gr. I) last fall signaled his readiness for a return to the races with a bullet five-furlong work in :59 Nov. 13.
The strong pace continued at Keeneland's November breeding stock sale Nov. 13, highlighted by the $190,000 paid by Castleton Lyons for Sanadaat, a 3-year-old filly by Unbridled's Song.
Multiple graded stakes winner Bourbon Bay and dual grade I victor Miss Match worked seven furlongs on the Hollywood Park turf course the morning of Nov. 13 in preparation for the Nov. 19 Hollywood Turf Cup (gr. IT).
Sean Greely, racing secretary at Golden Gate Fields, has been laid off from his position along with several other employees in an economic-related cutback, according to Daily Racing Form.
Three-time Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winning jockey Calvin Borel is moving south for the winter and will begin riding at Gulfstream Park at the conclusion of Churchill Downs' 21-day fall meet, according to agent Jerry Hissam.
B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm announced stud fees for its 2012 roster of stallions, which is headlined by leading sire Malibu Moon.
Every horse owner is familiar with the ubiquitous flexion test, which veterinarians regularly employ to exacerbate baseline lameness and reveal unknown internal issues in horses. No standard duration, however, dictates how long veterinarians should hold the limb in the flexed position. Researchers recently tested the results of comparative full hind limb ...
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks